|Father Maximos will be this year's speaker for the 2013 Archon Lenten Retreat, April 19-20.
Download the 2013 Retreat Forms»
Dear Brother Archon,
With the blessings of Archbishop Demetrios of America, Exarch of the Ecumenical Patriarchate, it is with great joy that we invite you and your families to attend the Tenth Annual National Archon Lenten Retreat on April 19 and 20 under the chairmanship of Archon Hieromnimon Peter Skeadas. With the gracious invitation of His Eminence Metropolitan Evangelos of New Jersey, this year's Lenten retreat will be at the headquarters of the Metropolis of New Jersey (215 East Grove Street, Westfield, NJ 07090-1656; Tel: 908-301-0500). Our retreat master will be Father Maximos–a monk of the Holy Monastery of Simonopetra, Mount Athos (Greece). Father Maximos will be lecturing on the following topics during the Lenten Retreat:
- Friday evening, April 19: The Distracted Life
- Saturday morning, April 20: The Buried Seed
- Saturday afternoon, April 20: From Harvard to Mt. Athos
Please set aside the time on your calendars to join us in fellowship and prayer with your brother Archons. It is an experience you will not forget and one that will reenergize your spiritual commitment to live a Christ-centered life. All of the information you will need is contained in the attached materials. There are a few actions you must take if you intend to come, including:
- Making your reservation with the Holiday Inn Clark. Call 732-574-0100 and mention the group name "Order of St. Andrew" (OSA) to qualify for the special rate of $119 for a standard room with a King Bed or $179 for a room with Two Double Beds, excluding taxes. Due to limited room availability, please make your hotel reservations as soon as possible. Special rate expires on March 19.
- Sending a check for $50 per person, payable to the "Order of St. Andrew the Apostle" and your completed form, by no later than April 4, 2013.
The retreat will begin on Friday, April 19 at 6:30 pm with the Akathist Hymn service in the Metropolis Chapel followed by a Lenten Fellowship Dinner and the first retreat presentation by Father Maximos. On Saturday, April 20, we will convene in the Metropolis Chapel at 8:30 am for Divine Liturgy prior to the remaining sessions of the retreat. We expect to conclude by 4:00 pm.
Please take advantage of this opportunity to energize your Orthodoxy and strengthen your devotion to our Lord and Savior so that we may serve the needs of the Great Church of Christ with the “shield of faith,” the “helmet of salvation” and the “sword of the Spirit” in the words of St. Paul in his letter to the Ephesians, as we seek religious freedom for the Holy and Great Mother Church of Constantinople.
Anthony J. Limberakis, MD
Download the 2013 Retreat Forms
(Packet includes: Detailed Info, Program, Reply Form, Biography, & Directions)