With the blessings of His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios of America, the Archons of the Ecumenical Patriarchate invite you to attend and witness the Second Archon International Conference on Religious Freedom: "Tearing Down Walls: Achieving Religious Equality in Turkey." It will take place in Berlin, Germany, December 4 and 5, 2013. This upcoming conference promises to be an extraordinary, historic and watershed event, just as the first religious freedom conference was in November 2010 at the European Parliament in Brussels, Belgium.
Once again politicians, diplomats, human rights lawyers and advocates, scholars, religious leaders, journalists and members of minority communities will come together to see how the walls of intolerance and misunderstanding can come tumbling down, and a new future for all people of goodwill can begin.
The conference is being organized and hosted by the Order of Saint Andrew the Apostle, Archons of the Ecumenical Patriarchate in America in cooperation with the Patriarchal Liaison Office of the Orthodox Church to the European Union. The coordination of the local political and church partners is undertaken by the Greek Orthodox Metropolitanate of Germany with the blessings of His Eminence Metropolitan Augoustinos.
Please find below a detailed itinerary with pricing details:
2nd Archon International Conference on Religious Freedom
December 2-7, 2013 : 6 Days / 4 Nights
Day 1 – December 2, Monday
Depart on Air Berlin non stop from JFK Air Berlin 7249 departs JFK 5:55 pm.
Day 2 – December 3, Tuesday
Arrive Berlin 7:30 am. Transfer airport to Berlin. Orientation tour including the highlights of Berlin: the Berlin Wall and Museum, Check Point Charlie and the Brandenburg Gate. Short stop for coffee. Early check-in. In the evening, welcome reception and dinner at the Adlon Hotel.
Day 3 - December, 4, Wednesday
Second Archon International Conference on Religious Freedom Day I at the Adlon Hotel. In the evening, a VIP reception at the US Embassy.
Day 4 - December 5, Thursday
Second Archon International Conference on Religious Freedom Day II at the Adlon Hotel. Cocktail reception and farewell dinner at the Kafer's at the Reichstag Building.
Day 5 - December 6, Friday
Morning half day tour of Museum Island including the Pergamum Museum, named after the ancient Greek city and housing the Acropolis of Pergamum, the Market Gate of Miletus, the Ishtar Gate of Babylon and other prized treasures, and one other art museum on the island. Afternoon half day tour of three specialty Christmas markets.
Day 6 – December 7, Saturday
Depart at 8:45 am on Air Berlin 6439 for Dusseldorf with arrival at 9:55 am. Connect for Air Berlin 7450 departing Dusseldorf at 1:05 pm and arriving at JFK at 3:30 pm.
Per person in double occupancy:
$3,075 plus $515 air tax /fuel surcharge = $3,590
$4,275 plus $515 air tax /fuel surcharge = $4,790
Deposit of $1,000 per person due by July 30, 2013 or late reservation fee of $50 per person will apply.
The above rates include the following services:
- Round trip air JFK Berlin JFK on Air Berlin
- Early check in to Adlon Hotel on December 3
- Four nights hotel accommodation at the superior deluxe Adlon Kempinski including daily breakfast, service fees, and taxes
- All private transfers
- Private sightseeing with a deluxe motor coach and English speaking guide as follows;
- Orientation tour of Berlin including the Berlin Wall and Museum with a coffee stop
- Half day tour of Museum Island including the Pergamum Museum and the Old National Gallery
- Half day Christmas mart hopping tour with visit to three specialty Christmas Marts
- Welcome reception and dinner at the Adlon Hotel
- Participation in the Archon International Conference on Religious Freedom for two days at the Adlon
- Reception at the US Embassy
- Farewell reception and dinner at the Kafer’s at the Reichstag Building.
Itinerary is subject to change.
Cloud Tours Inc.
718 721 3808 / 800 223 7880